Shibori Tie Dye Face Masks
Is your face mask collection feeling a little…. basic? Make a bold fashion statement with a Shibori Dyed face mask, all while staying healthy and safe! Take your masks from white to WOW when you learn the ancient Japanese dyeing technique known as Shibori, which involves folding, twisting, bunching or binding cloth to create incredible and totally unique patterns when placed in rich indigo dye. So say buh-bye to that plain old mask, and say hello to one-of-a-kind fashionable (and functional!) accessory.
In this CraftJam, you will learn:
- How to prep your fabric for dyeing
- How to set up your workspace
- How to manipulate your fabric to create patterns through resist dyeing
- How to rinse and prep your piece for washing
- How to troubleshoot and re-dye as necessary
This class is beginner-friendly; no experience necessary!
New to our virtual workshops? Learn all about how they work here.